Halves: approx 300lbs (hanging) x $4.75/lb = $1425 (which will be approx 200lbs of packaged meat)
What Does a Quarter Look Like?
Quarters: approx 150lbs (hanging) x $5.00/lb = $750 (which will be approx 100lbs of packaged meat)
Here’s some photos to give you an idea. The average quarter has 3 big bags. The freezer in the picture is a 15 cu. ft chest freezer (about 4ft long).
Placing An Order:
By the way...
- Fill in the Beef Order Form and send back with a $50 deposit check made out to Flying S.
- Look for an email to confirm receipt of your form/check and the expected date the meat will be ready.
- When beef is ready for pick up come to the Flying S Beef House (yellow building) at 17594 E. 500th Ave, Palestine IL, 62451 to make final payment and collect beef. Click here for a map.
- Quarters are actually a half of a half - not the front or back leg so you get a little bit of everything; ask for a sample quarter breakdown sheet if you are interested.
- A half will take up approximately 10 cubic feet of freezer space, a quarter will use about 5 cubic feet. The average kitchen fridge/freezer has about 5 cubic feet of room in its freezer compartment - so a quarter will fit in there, if packed really well.
- Beef is vacuum packed in thick clear plastic wrap. It is labelled with the weight, cut and date. It should last up to 3 years in the freezer.
- Flying S dry-ages beef for 14-21 days to accentuate tenderness and taste.
- Above prices include all costs, including processing fees. (Shipping fees to Chicago not included)
- Payments can be made by Cash or Check when collecting orders.
- A quarter will fit snuggly into three 50 quart coolers. If you don’t have that many coolers we suggest bringing some blankets to wrap the large bags of meat in (not recommended during the middle of summer).